As predicted, I am wiped out.
Despite feeling terribly tired, it was fun to be at the 34th Manila International Book Fair (MIBF). Best friend Jake was with me this year and he volunteered to carry the other books I would have lugged around by my own.
Though I had a book list with me, I only found a third of all that was on the list, even when the books are listed in the participants’ web sites. Either I did not look hard enough or they were never there.
Stranger still, AZ Publishing, Inc.—the guys that bring Reader’s Digest to the MIBF—are missing this year.
With all those details aside, here’s my haul for this year:
- 100 Poems by 100 Poets Selected by Harold Pinter, Geoffrey Godbert, and Anthony Astbury
- 1356 by Bernard Cornwell
- A Song of Ice and Fire 5-Book Set (A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast for Crows, A Dance with Dragons) by George R.R. Martin
- House of Leaves: The Remastered Full-Color Edition by Mark Z. Danielewski
- Manila Noir Edited by Jessica Hagedorn
- Room by Emma Donoghue
- Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman
- Tambalan Nicole Hyala at Chris Tsuper: The Philippine’s Most Popular DJs
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman