I’m just bowled over when I got word of it.
Just a couple of days ago, real-life best friend extraordinaire and fellow WordPress blogger Pam of Life of a Cuddlebit messaged me at Facebook. I am just honored to have this nomination for the Real Neat Blog Award.
So how does one get nominated? Here are the rules for this particular award:
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
Now, for Pam’s questions for me and my answers to them:
1. If you could eat only one dish for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Granted that I would have all the required kitchen appliances, ingredients, and electricity I need, I would go with pizza. It has protein and carbs. It could be meaty, cheesy, or leafy. It could be the main course or the dessert. (A painfully close second choice would be the almighty burger.)
2. What do you think of the current administration?
I only have sad thoughts for the current administration, which only gets sadder with every piece of news from Mindanao, the Spratly Islands, the Armed Forces of the Philippines, schools set in the mountains, typhoon-hit villages, flooded cities, the provinces devastated by earthquakes, the MRT and the LRT, from the two great houses, and the streets.
3. Most loathsome trait of a co-worker? Explain.
For me, it’s being inconsiderate. An office could survive without any of its employees being kind or friendly—granted that they all do their jobs. If everyone was inconsiderate, it allows not just rude and careless behavior in the office but also selfishness, which knows no bounds. Selfishness borne out of inconsideration could hamper the work flow and damage morale.
4. Are the taxes we pay fair?
I’m not an expert on taxes. I feel it’s exorbitant but I do believe that all the taxes we have paid all these years should be enough to improve the country and its people. The reason that taxes are hardly doing anything for anyone is because of the rampant corruption in the country. Had we honest politicians and officials who used funds properly, we would have better results, wouldn’t complain about the deductions made in the salaries, and think less about the taxes because we know where it’s going and we actually see it and feel it.
5. You are stranded on an island, and can only bring three things. What are those?
A sharp knife with a strong handle; a large, thick blanket; and a medical kit.
6. If we are under attack (let’s say a war broke out), where would you go?
Somewhere in the Quezon Province; I heard that some people have hid there for years and still haven’t been found.
7. How would you describe me to a person you just met?
“I have this friend. Her name is Pam. I’ve known her since 2007 but we only became formally introduced in 2009—all thanks to three things: mandatory service, a snooty lady, and the song There She Goes. But that’s a whole other story. She’s one of the best girls around here: quirky, artsy, and lovely. And that’s just on the first day! Pam has a lot going for her and there is so much more to her. She’s a living book with stories, pictures, the feels—the works! She’s not just a discovery. She’s a revelation.”
Now for my nominee: real-life best friend and travel buddy Jake a.k.a. Megane or Faramond of the WordPress blog, Faramond’s Solitary Journey. Here’s what he would be answering.
- A couple of foreigners chose to visit your home. To introduce them to your culture, what will you serve for lunch and dessert?
- Next year’s color is your choice. What is it and why did you pick it?
- You are given a time capsule with instructions to place inside it only twelve items that cannot be any smaller than your thumb or bigger than your arm. What are those items?
- In an alternate world, you are to assemble and lead a 10-person team of existing anime series characters to retrieve a sacred bell from a foreign land, return it to your country, and reinstall it so its sound could ward off evil and bless the land and its people again. Who’s on your team and why did you choose them?
- A hermit hands you a latched book with 1221 pages. He said that you can open it only once. When you close it, it will go up in flames, which would consume the ashes. It has no title, art, or marks anywhere on the covers. The age of the book could not be discerned by its materials. What do you expect it will be about?
- You won the “80 Days Around the World” promo. You could stop anywhere in the world. They will guarantee you even passes to closed-off areas. You are given just one rule to observe on making your plan: one destination per country. No limits on how long you want to stay. Where would you go?
- Someone who doesn’t know me is talking to you. How would you describe me to that person?